Growhio is pleased to participate in Burning River Fest for the 3rd year in a row! Visit the Growhio booth on Sunday, July 22 to receive free farmers market pocket guides and what's in season charts and to purchase Growhio merchandise. Purchase your tickets now and use our nonprofit code: GO12.
Saturday, July 21, 2012 * 6-11PM
Sunday, July 22, 2012 * 1-6PM
Historic Coast Guard Station
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FROM: Marissa DeSantis, Communications Assistant, Great Lakes Brewing Company
216.771.4404, ext. 226 (office) * firstname.lastname@example.org
BURNING RIVER FEST 2012: Good Cheer. Good Cause. Good Beer.
WHAT: Since 2001, folks from all over the Great Lakes region have come together to remember the 1969
burning of the Cuyahoga River and celebrate the renewed sense of eco-consciousness the infamous
fire sparked. The annual Burning River Fest features educational exhibits from area environmental
groups, fresh food from local farms and eateries, live music and a special appearance by Great Lakes
Brewing Company’s (GLBC) Christmas Ale! Register to volunteer online!
What To Expect At This Year’s Fest:
- Over 30 musicians and bands ranging from funk to blues to eclectic on three stages
- Great Lakes Brewing Company craft beers, and local restaurants and chefs adding to the flavor with fresh food offerings and demonstrations
- Local environmental groups featuring interactive and educational displays for all ages
- Corporate Boat Float guided by renowned environmentalist Marcus Eriksen
- Interactive Instrument Petting Zoo
- The most spectacular nighttime views of Cleveland from a wonderful greenspace right in the heart of Cleveland’s industry
Sunday, July 22, 2012: 1-6PM
Rain or Shine!
WHERE: Historic Coast Guard Station (located at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River on Whiskey Island)
WHO: Presented by Burning River Foundation, Inc. and Great Lakes Brewing Company
Online Presale (June 11 to July 15):
- One-Day Pass: $8
- Weekend Pass: $15
- VIP Pass: $100
- Fundraiser Package (20 One-Day Passes + 1 VIP Ticket): $160
- One-Day Pass: $10
- VIP Pass: $125
- Fundraiser Package (20 One-Day Passes + VIP Ticket): $200
WHY: Proceeds benefit the Burning River Foundation, an organization “dedicated to improving, maintaining
and celebrating the vitality of our regional freshwater resources. Our vision is to establish Northeast
Ohio as the recognized environmental leader dedicated to the sustainability of its high quality
Cleveland Division of Water
Cleveland Office of Sustainability
Doan Brook Watershed Partners
Drink Local. Drink Tap.
Ohio Canal Corridor
Ohio City Bike Co-Op
Ohio City Inc.
Ohio FFA Camp Muskingum
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners
The Trust for Public Land
West Creek Preservation Committee
Kurtz Bros., Inc.
Sam Brenner Band
Cats On Holiday
Cream of the Crop
Fifty Amp Fuse
Ray Fuller and the Bluesrockers
Kristine Jackson Band
Normal Is Boring
Revolution Brass Band
Ashley Brooke Toussant
Zach and The Bright Lights